Rom: EB4I310C
Tyres:
Car Weight: kg
Driver+ Weight:
Total Weight:

Mods
Takeda Intake
Nameless Axle Back
Lightweight grimmspeed crank pulley, lightweight raceseng water pulley, idler pulley, tensioner pulley
west_minist
Site Admin

Review

Post by west_minist »

This topic been deleted by bias Legacygt.com administrators who saw fix to not promote XRT as a legitimate tune over the other tuner of those who promote, but shows no results. XRT was attached and defended its name, but due to possible racist scenario's etc etc, it was deleted. That topic was created by one of my customers promoting XRT excellent service to the community.

Customer review - http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php ... stcount=36
The monkey with the camera is back from the dead. With due cause.

I will not post a comparison between tuners (I have experience with both) on this thread. This will come at a much later date, as I am still curious to see what Matt has in store as far as updates go.

I have been working with Ed for a few weeks now. Tuning the 2.5i has been a joy to say the least. Working with Ed, an even greater joy. First, his customer service is top notch. Response rate is quick, and quality responses can always be expected. Put it this way, reaching out to Ed is like reaching out to a friend: hit him up whenever you want, and he is always happy to talk, even if it's to bs for a bit. He is a genuine human being that enjoys working on cars, and enjoys the company of likeminded people. Ed has become my friend just as much as he has become my tuner. To date I have received three tunes (just as from TH):

Tune v0a - light work on the DBW, slight increase in power and responsiveness. I was not all that crazy about it, since I was just coming from TH's last tune, but I gave Ed the benefit of the doubt, as I knew he was close by to continue tuning regularly.

Tune v0b - much more response and power from the car. It was a **** of a pleasure to drive. Ed and I were ready to actually stop here since it was really that nice of a drive. It was aggressive when it needed to be, and could coast comfortably when I needed it to be. It was the car I wanted it to be. Of course it is still a 2.5i, but for what it was, it was a really great drive. Crisp shifts made driving fast easy and fun. The oil temp stayed at my normal 210-218 even under heavy driving. I was dipping through traffic without a problem. Today I actually kept up with a souped up Audi a4 on the highway, it was not a problem at all.

Tune v0c - Ed sent it to me a few days ago out of nowhere, said "Give this a shot for shits and giggles." Immediately after getting home from work, I flashed it onto my car. I turned the key, engine roared, then died. Then again, and again. As I sat on the floor in my basement wondering if I had been screwed over by Ed, I thought to myself, why not just reflash v0b and ask Ed what the deal is? After some discussion he advised me to refresh v0c and see if it would was just some sort of error in the flashing process. Anything is possible right? Well, it worked. I turned the key and was relieved to hear my engine continue to purr after a few seconds. I was getting ready to turn my car off and set up RomRaider, so that I could troubleshoot the tune with Ed, when my nagging girlfriend asked me to feed her. As much as I wanted to troubleshoot - and yes it was that serious, I was still so worried about the tune on my car that I didn't want to move it until it was sorted out, or determined that v0c was a bust and v0b needed to go back in - I decided to hop in the car, along with my laptop incase I ran into problems, and go grab some food with her. My God, am I happy that I decided to drive the car with v0c. At first, the car felt really weird, it was the first time I ever felt something like this in my car. I could not figure out what was causing this weird feeling though, until I realized my car was behaving pretty **** similarly to a manual transmission. Under 35 mph on flats and uphills, the car sits way high up in the rpm range, around 3-4k, as if I was in 1st or 2nd gear, EXACTLY HOW I WOULD KEEP IT IN MANUAL MODE. Downhills it sits nice and low around 1600, EXACTLY HOW I WOULD KEEP IT IN MANUAL MODE. The car was so freaking responsive, it was too much for me to take in. I didn't realize how fun it was until I got back into the snaking hills of my neighborhood. On one specific uphill snake, I decided to rip it. The car just sat high in the rpm range anytime I let off the gas (which wasn't often LOL) ready to play again. I ripped up these hills faster than I ever have, with more joy than I ever have. I FREAKING LOVE THIS TUNE. It isn't a tune for everyone though, it is quite radical in my opinion, but the best I have experienced yet.

Also keep in mind, these three tunes were log free so far. He has come quite a long way with my 2.5i even without logging. Once we log, I am sure further improvements will be made. Also, ignition maps still have not been touched, again further improvements.

So far this is my experience with Ed. It has been a great pleasure so far. If you are considering tuning with Ed, I recommend giving it a shot. If you want to know more about the experience feel free to pm me, or one of the many people part of a great community of like minded individuals that Ed has brought together to enjoy the beauty of the XRT tuned Subaru engine.

If you want to see the video Ed is referring to, and listen to me laugh like a little girl because of excitement, pm me and I will share the link with you!

I hope this has helped you become slightly more informed about Ed and XRT, updates will follow as we continue to improve the 2.5i.

Thank you for reading,
The Monkey with the Camera, Dr. Photo
https://youtu.be/R6ApMAWhYNI
Cih4nugur

Re: MikeG - 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i CVT - Tuning

Post by Cih4nugur »

Can you give me more details about the mods so I too can get the same mods. I got the Takeda and Nameless already done. Thanks :D
west_minist
Site Admin

Post by west_minist »

It is all in tuning.
Cih4nugur

Post by Cih4nugur »

I was reffering to the pulleys you mentioned.
west_minist
Site Admin

Post by west_minist »

OK. I mentioned what the customer had. We didn't mod the car.