west_minist
Site Admin

RichardZ - 2005 USDM Subaru Outback 3.0R 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: First Review
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 20:54:54 -0500
To: Xtreme Racing Tuning

so there I was online looking for upgrades for my 05 outback. I had already installed a cat back exhaust and custom cai but what good Are they if the car is tuned for stock parts. I came across a forum that pointed me in the direction of xrt. I looked up the website and found some reviews on many different subarus but what really caught my eye was that the 3.0r h6 engines were being tuned as well. So I contacted Edward and within a few hours I got a reply saying he could tune my car. So we went back and forth a few emails later I purchased the tactrix cable and purchased the tune. I had a few issues trying to install romraider due to my laptop using 64bit java. So I uninstalled all java on my laptop and installed 32bit java. Everything started to work. I was very nervous in messing with the ecu of the car but with all the great reviews I’ve been reading from Ed it put my mind at ease. First time ive ever done this but with Eds help over team viewer and Skype it was as if I had been doing it for years. I can’t tell you how much Ed helped me on anything I needed to get the tune going. Emails were replied within minutes answering any question or concern I might have. We first started by copying the stock rom on 1/31/14 and making sure all the definitions were in order. We did not 1 but 2 tunes on 2/2/14. I wasn’t expecting it to be this fast but Ed really works hard. Did 3 logging sessions and 2 roms were custom made one being better than the next. He changed the drive by wire and WOW I was not expecting that! The car was completely different. The takeoff on it was truly something else. On the first drive with v0 the gear changes were smoother and acceleration was slightly better but dies off in the end, will get better as more tuning is made. Ed said my car has a vacuum leak somewhere, he could even tell I have an air leak before my car could throw any codes. Just by looking at the logs he found it. I will attend to it soon.

So far Ed has been truly amazing at tuning and helping me in any way possible. We still have a lot of logging and tuning to do but it will be all worth it in the end. Stay tuned for more updates.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: review 2
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 20:29:39 -0500
To: XRT

Update: took my car to my local mechanic and had the spark plugs changed, vacuum leak test, o2 sensor and pcv valve checked out. Plugs don’t look like they’ve been changed, everything checked out good.

I had to load stock rom back on the car for a few days so I could do a stock 2nd gear pull for the log and also so my mechanic wont freak out when he hits the gas and realizes this is not a stock car. I’m still getting used to the changes to the drive by wire, my mpg has gone down but that’s due to me flooring the pedal in 1st gear just to feel the power I never had in this car before. People must think I’m trying to race them off the light when my car launches forward when just touching the gas, lol. So far Ed has done an amazing job!!! I’m very happy with the way the car is performing. Just waiting for raptor to get their new set of headers in stock so I can get them and have Ed retune them. The car feels better than ever! The power is great over hills, doesn’t have to shift down to get power, the gear changes are smooth and the sound of the engine now is unreal. I just need to do one more log and gear pull for final results. I can’t believe how fast and fun tuning really is when you have a great tuner that really knows what he’s doing and when he does it he does it right! I can now see why XRT is known as “vicious tuned, driven hard” stay tuned for more updates on my car.
west_minist
Site Admin

GeoffM - 2006 ADM Subaru Liberty 3.0R 6MT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

west_minist
Site Admin

RonB - 2008 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.0R 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... f=40&t=656
RonH6 wrote:As the tuning continues, rom V4b did not dissappoint. The most noticeable change personally is the top end power compared to lower rom versions. The strip in which i do my pulls on, i find myself at the redline in 2nd quicker than before. The gears shift quick and smooth until i press the gas hard enough and the car starts to hold the gears in auto. The 5EAT is responding almost in regards to the way i want to drive off jump. Its impressive considering where we started. The throttle response is very sharp and i love it. Sometimes i do anticipate a harder pull when i floor it compared to lets say 65% throttle, but considering the N/A power linearity, it seems accurate. The fuel consumption has held pretty constant considering previous roms aswell. Idle is slightly lower then previous versions too.

Ed - making my car a fun monster! A ROM at a time :)
west_minist
Site Admin

ChrisoffE - 2005 EDM Subaru Legacy Spec B 3.0R 6MT

Post by west_minist »

Return to “Legacy/Outback”