2001 USDM Subaru Impreza Wagon Auto WRX - Canada Remote Tune

west_minist
Site Admin

2001 USDM Subaru Impreza Wagon Auto WRX - Canada Remote Tune

Post by west_minist »

I tuned this car sometime back last year in Canada Remotely.

Here are the results:

A stock Auto, because of the tranny and its loses, does 130-140whp at 13.6psi. Unfortunately, I do not have a stock run, since this customer came in with a Cobb Stage 1 Map, which I better and he preferred my tuning, since the power was smooth and flat and no audible pinging after 5000rpm.

The stock map, like any other Subaru, make torque by 4000+rpm and max HP around 6000rpm. Any WRX/STI owner knows this. After tuning, torque comes in early and the torque curve is even flatter. All tuned WRX/STI can witness to this.

We also believe the car had a leak. It could be a crack wastegate housing. Even in stock, a sudden rise in pressure cause a drop. You can see this on the graph.

Road Boost response @ 16.5psi

In Gear Acceleration:
30 - 50mph = 3.1 seconds
40 - 60mph = 2.9 seconds
50 - 70mph = 2.9 seconds
west_minist
Site Admin

Re: 2001 USDM Subaru Impreza Wagon Auto WRX - Canada Remote Tune

Post by west_minist »

Below was the Cobb's Dyno that we moved away from.

At that time, the customer complained of audible pining after 5000rpm and it felt harsh and rassy up top. Depending on the pinging, you can make some more power on it, but that extra power comes at the cost of damaging your engine.

Below is that rom with boost from 16-16.5 to 12psi at the redline.

The Cobb's used and older version or the rom for that car. I used an updated version (SOA) that fix many issues with in the old rom.

Sometimes dyno's looks sweet, eh? :)