H6 3.0R Customer Feedback

Please post your feedback on Xtreme Racing Tuning service to you.
Thank you very much
west_minist
Site Admin

WadeG - 2008 USDM Subaru Outback 3.0 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

XRT New 2017 5EAT Stage 2 applied.

EMail
Ed, today driving my car brought a genuine smile to my face.

For v3 you have combined the added power with smooth, fast, telepathic transmission operation. No more clunking or lagging. It knows exactly the right thing to do, whether that be smooth, solid acceleration in Intelligent Mode, or holding gears, revving freely, and firing off snap upshifts at redline in Sport#. The car reacts to throttle inputs in a completely natural, pleasing way.

Thank you :)
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:40 PM
To: <west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com>
Subject: Wade's Review

I had always enjoyed driving my 2008 3.0R Outback, and loved the flat six. But after upgrading the suspension, I wanted more power and was starting to hate my automatic transmission. I'd read so many accounts and reviews of Edward at Xtreme Racing Tuning's capability with the Subaru H6, and especially with his unique ability to upgrade 5eat transmission performance, so I decided to send Ed an email and give it a try myself. I received a response minutes later discussing what I would need to get started- a laptop with Windows and a Tactrix Cable. The process of setting up the laptop with necessary programs was complex, but Ed was able to set up everything for me remotely and walk me through the ECU flashing process the first time around. If I had questions or concerns, Ed was just an email away - his responses always prompt, professional, and helpful. It was clear that Ed is a master of these computer programs and of the H6 5eat cars. If Ed was unavailable, any of his other customers were excited to answer questions or just chat about our cars.

I am now on Version 4 of my XRT tune and I am totally satisfied with my car, and extremely impressed with what Ed has done with my transmission. Automatic mode in Sport# is now nearly telepathic- it rev-match downshifts as I brake into corners and holds revs high until a snappy upshift at redline. The revs do not drop between gear shifts as they did before, but stay right in the power band and the car never stops pulling. Intelligent mode upshifts early and smoothly and keeps revs low. Fifth gear can come as early as 35mph, but the engine pulls strong from 1500rpm- something that never would have happened before. The power increase was shocking. It seemed that huge power starts now at 3000rpm and just never stops.

Overall my favorite changes are:
1.)The way the transmission reads my mind- always in the right gear or ready to respond.
2.)The capability of the car pulling strong way up past 80mph (before, it ran out of steam at 70),
3.)The immediate power off the line to pull away at traffic lights or accelerate into gaps in traffic. Before, the car lagged so much off the line and there was no low end power.

I feel that my car is now safer to drive, better able to take advantage of the sporty Legacy handling, and able to put a genuine smile on my face! Thank you XRT.
https://youtu.be/qnx4dfpFZZw
west_minist
Site Admin

LawrenceF - 2004 JDM Subaru Legacy 3.0R 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 6652830868
After purchasing an etune and going through the tuning process I just want to say XRT lives up to its claims.
Like many it seems who find Edward I disliked the throttle and torque response of the 3.0r just off idle and the gearbox either holding onto the gear too long or not shifting down when a good amount of throttle input was applied.

XRT has addressed all of these issues. Engine and gearbox now work much better together. The car gets off the line much easier. The correct gear is selected. Shifts are very smooth, the revs don't drop much. In manual sports mode much of the delays have been removed. The result is better drive-ability and a very smooth and refined driving experience. The torque delivery feels linear through the rev range.

Edward's turnaround on roms and support is excellent.
In summary if you have one of these cars get it tuned by XRT!
west_minist
Site Admin

JamesK - 2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0 H6 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

Rom ID: D2SB001Q

https://www.facebook.com/TheMururi/post ... 0956478401
I came across XRT while on the interwebs.. my location is difficult to get the kind of services he offered for my 3.0R. Tuned to a totally different car. If I get to drop a SC in there, he's my go to guy. Enormous knowledge. sensei-like feedback. excellent results. 5 🌟

Return to “Customer Satisfaction”