Mods
20MM Rear Sway Bar
Nameless 4" Exhaust
west_minist
Site Admin

Customer review

Post by west_minist »

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php ... stcount=43
After reading the various posts in this thread and being in the market for a tune (2015 3.6r), I started speaking to XRT. I started logging data yesterday and I've been sent multiple rom's already. I'm very happy with the results so far. As I told him, when I was testing out the acceleration from a dead stop, I had to laugh when all the contents of my storage compartment right below the Nav area flew out and hit the back of the passenger seat. I'll be installing my Takeda intake this weekend and hopefully start using higher grade fuel in the next week, so I can only assume that the results are going to get better from here.

I think one of the biggest things so far however is that XRT has been available basically whenever I've sent him a msg. I probably have sent him between 50-70 e-mails, multiple text messages, and a handful of phone calls (I'm a huge noob when it comes to cars, I'll admit that). I told him that I wake up early and could start first thing in the morning today, and sure enough I was talking with him around 5:30am EST after speaking with him and ME ending the talks the night before at around 10:00pm EST. This always available mentality has made the entire process a pleasure on my part, although I'm probably a huge pain in the ass for XRT :)

I lurk here all the time, but hardly ever post (only created an account when I tried to get in touch with Throttle as I don't use Facebook, and had to send him a msg via this forum). I'll try to post an update on my experience and results once I make the changes listed above.
west_minist
Site Admin

v0a Stats + Review

Post by west_minist »

v0a vs Stock - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE vss.png
v0a vs Stock - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE vss.png (43.19 KiB) Viewed 6973 times
http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php ... stcount=57
As stated in my previous post, I wanted to follow up with an update. I've been working with Ed on tuning my car now for about 2 weeks roughly. During this time Ed has been in constant contact with me reviewing my log files and responding to my feedback. As shown in the graph he posted of my results, I can honestly say that the car feels completely different (in a good way) then it did stock. The car not only feels faster overall, but the shifting of "gears" is extremely smooth and I am very happy with how the car is able to quickly accelerate. When the car was stock and I went full throttle, I can only describe the feeling as if the CVT would take a few moments to analyze the situation and find the "optimal gear" to put the car in. This resulted in a period of hesitation prior to the car actually accelerating at any decent rate as it hunted around for it's selection. This is pretty much gone now in my situation. When I need to accelerate onto a highway or overtake another vehicle, I can do it with ease.

At this point, based on my current experience personally and what I see written in the XRT chat that he runs, I have no complaints. I am also glad to see as new individuals join the chat and begin working with Ed, I have not been pushed aside or moved down the list of his priorities. I actually received a new ROM today which I will be loading up in the morning and testing on the way to work. Between this and a few other items we've discussed, I hope to fine-tune this tune further.

For anyone interested, these results are with:

XRT Tune
aFe Takeda Stage 2 Intake
Nameless 4" Axleback Exhaust
Handful of other mods such as 20mm rear sway, etc... that I doubt played any part in the results

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.