Owner: Brucey
Rom: DB4I500D
Tyres:
Car Weight: 1745kg
Driver Weight: 91kg
Total Weight: 1836kg

Mods
None

Tuning: CVT, DBW & minor engine maps (due to limited logging for proper engine tuning)

Weather
west_minist
Site Admin

Customer review

Post by west_minist »

OK, so here are some of my thoughts after your throttle tune and trying the factory back to back:

The tuned is a definite improvement! I guess because I had gotten used to yours I had forgot how the factory tune was.

The best way I could describe the factory throttle is an on / off switch. I'm pretty sure Subaru did this intentionally to either trick drivers into thinking the car had more power than it did. "Oh man, it did that at only 1/4 throttle, imagine what 3/4 would do!" Or it was something dealing with emissions and gas mileage. Either way, I am not a fan.

At least, I'm not a fan after trying yours. Ignorance really is bliss here. The tuned throttle is MUCH more linear. I AM a fan of it. I have not got any times or trials for specific numbers, but the butt dyno says it's faster. It might be the same, but it certainly feels more responsive. It changes the driving experience of the car over all. It is constantly wanting to growl to life as I drive. It is absolutely infectious, I find myself smiling more when I'm driving after the throttle change. Isn't that the point?

Look forward to working with you more.

Thanks.
west_minist
Site Admin

v6b Eight Mille Pull

Post by west_minist »

v6b Eight Mile Pull.png
v6b Eight Mile Pull.png (13.76 KiB) Viewed 6570 times