Fuel Octane: 89RON

Weather data

Other forum:-
west_minist
Site Admin

Stock Data

Post by west_minist »

Code: Select all

Time (CST) 	Temp. 	Windchill 	Dew Point 	Humidity 	Pressure 	    Visibility 	Wind Dir 	Wind Speed 	Gust Speed 	Conditions
1:35 PM 	6.0 °C 	3.3 °C 	     -11.0 °C 	 29% 	       1025.3 hPa 	16.1 km 	   SSW 	     13.0 km/h / 3.6 m/s 	     Clear
1:55 PM 	7.0 °C 	5.2 °C 	     -10.0 °C 	 29% 	       1024.9 hPa 	16.1 km 	   South 	    9.3 km/h / 2.6 m/s 	     Clear
Stock 2nd Gear Dynoe SAE.png
Stock 2nd Gear Dynoe SAE.png (34.1 KiB) Viewed 13105 times
Drap-pull #1.png
Drap-pull #1.png (27.58 KiB) Viewed 13105 times
Drap-pull #2.png
Drap-pull #2.png (21.37 KiB) Viewed 13105 times
west_minist
Site Admin

Re: PeterV - 2011 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

--------Message --------
Subject: Re: v2 logs
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 10:06:23 -0700
To: west_minist

Howdy Ed,

Here's my detailed review, finally...

I bought my '11 Outback 3.6 about half a year ago then had a custom exhaust system made that deleted the resonator...it was nice but the extra sound really made it apparent how very much the 5EAT was gear hunting. I was increasingly annoyed in normal traffic that up & down shifts were happening when not needed, usually just for a second or two. Of course I also really hated waiting 2-3 seconds for down shifts when immediate acceleration was needed, like yellow lights or quick stops for right turns.

Then I found a bunch of folks on SubaruOUtback.org that highly recommended Ed at XRT for not only making the 5EAT shift the way you want it to, but also squeezing more horse power and torque from the stock 3.6. Living a mile above sea level, of course I wanted the most power from my 3.6 as safely possible, and now that Ed has worked his magic, I'm really happy and Impressed!. The 5EAT shifts so intelligently and quickly now, NO MORE GEAR HUNTING, it's awesome. Before Ed's improvements, driving my car annoyed me, I liked it but wished it would perform correctly, shift when expected, jump when asked. Now I just LOVE driving my OB, it's a blast, more & immediate power, plus the 5EAT now does exactly what I want now, it's always in the right gear at the right time and never hunts or waits to shift. The bump in power is across the entire RPM range and really feels great,being naturalluy asperated, the 3.6 felt like it was gasping for air at this altitude, now with Ed's tweaks it breaths much easier, and so do I!

AND After sending Ed only one data log from my car he was able to diagnosis an intake leak...with another XRT customer's help we were able to pressure test my intake, find the leak and seal it. Which is another great thing about XRT, customers have a forum to chat with Ed and each other, sharing advice and knowledge about everything from wrenching to where to get parts, etc...and have fun.

Thanks Ed,

PeterV
west_minist
Site Admin

v4 vs Stock - 32nd Gear Dyno SAE

Post by west_minist »

v4 vs Stock - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE.png
v4 vs Stock - 2nd Gear Dyno SAE.png (46 KiB) Viewed 13114 times
lngbrdnpwdr

Re: PeterV - 2011 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT - Tuning

Post by lngbrdnpwdr »

v4 Review:

Altitude, I live at 5,351 feet above sea level, which saps a lot of horsepower and torque from a naturally aspirated engine, as you can see from the Dyno graph. In spite of that, Ed was still able to work his magic and squeeze more of each from my 3.6 H6! What the Dyno graph doesn't show is how much stronger the engine feels across the entire RPM range, how much better the transmission performs and of course all the invisible XRT benefits like: Ed's knowledge, patience, and great attitude; the XRT BBM Chat group members camaraderie, sharing of ideas and part sources; lots of other stuff that I don't remember right now because it's 2am and I've been working on my car all night trying to make it look as good as it feels. This is a really cool experience, I feel like I joined a "Tuning Dojo" with "Sensei Ed" as our honorable leader.

Thanks Ed & keep kicking ass, you rock!

Sincerely,

Peter V
west_minist
Site Admin

v5 Quarter Mile stats

Post by west_minist »

v5 Quarter Mile Times.png
v5 Quarter Mile Times.png (15.24 KiB) Viewed 13078 times
v5 Quarter Mile Times_1.png
v5 Quarter Mile Times_1.png (14.87 KiB) Viewed 13078 times
west_minist
Site Admin

Review: Raptor Headers

Post by west_minist »

Sent: Wednesday, 7 September 2016 11:12 PM
To: Edward
Subject: Raptor Headers & ROM v8 Review

Well, it took me over 6 months to get my hands on a set of Raptor headers for my 3.6 Outback, but MAN WAS IT WORTH IT!  I followed the excellent advice of Ed and had Magnaflow Catalytic converters (53956) and a Magnaflow Resonator (10416) installed with the headers, had the AFR sensors installed upstream of the cats, the O2 sensors installed down stream of the cats, and a Magnaflow "Y" between the cats and resonator.  All exhaust piping is now 2.5", my mufflers were previously installed about a year ago and are Magnaflow "knock offs/copys".

Before I even started my car after the install I did a ecu reset with Romraider.  Sounded pretty good, much better than stock, nice growl at idle.  I drove gently for ten minutes, letting the ecu learn and bringing the new parts up to temperature gently.  Then I drove for ten minutes normally, I was in traffic, but I had a few chances to floor it and wow!  Game ON, power!  The sound above 3500 rpms is just awesome, really reminds me of exotic cars like Porsche or Maserati, of course it doesn't sound like either of those really, it has it's own sound.  But it now sounds more like an exotic sports car than any stock Subaru ever, specifically nothing like a WRX or STI, since after all it is a H6 Boxer engine.

Anyway, got near home and decided to get some gas, I was running low.  Hadn't had any check engine lights, thanks probably to Ed's sensor placement advice and resetting the ecu.  As I was threading into the gas station entrance road I shifted to manual mode and kept it in 1st gear to drift the corners a little and push it a little to see what it had...it was FUN, good stuff.  Then as I pulled up to the gas pump, blub, blub, blub...engine was idling a little rough, chugging...reminded me of how my '56 Fairlane ran when it was getting flooded.  Got gas, started it up, ran fine again.

Got home, sent Ed logs of that drive home and within an hour he let me know a new ROM was waiting for me in my email.  Flashed the new ROM, did ecu reset, 10 minute gentle drive, etc...Believe it or not that ROM was "V8" (version 8 of the tunes he had been doing already for my car).  And how ironically awesome it was that that ROM was named "V8" because it made the car feel like it had a small block V8!  What ever torque increase I had felt from the headers alone was now doubled by Ed's ecu magic.  But unlike most small block V8's, my power and torque seemed to just continually build right up to redline, not the usual V8 wimp out when you pass 2/3 of redline.  It took me a bit to notice the exhaust sound had gotten even better too, but I realized later of course it would since the engine is now getting the right amounts of air and fuel.  Which I also found allowed me to drive hard then idle smooth, not like earlier at the gas station when it ran rough after a little playing.  Yup, Ed really woke up my headers and made my ecu happy to have them, I'm really looking forward to seeing how much more power he can coax from them.  I'm happy with what I got now, but I know Ed will tweak the ROMs till they're as powerful as can be safe and reliable.  Because Ed already did that for my car before it had headers, that's just how he rolls, he makes it how we want it.

Thanks Ed, you the best!

Peter
west_minist
Site Admin

v11 Drag Data- No Brake Torque Launch

Post by west_minist »

Once the customer launch the his car, the data post launch will be better.
v11 Drag Times #2.png
v11 Drag Times #2.png (28.75 KiB) Viewed 12547 times
v11 Drag Times #1.png
v11 Drag Times #1.png (14.86 KiB) Viewed 12547 times
west_minist
Site Admin

v12 Review

Post by west_minist »

Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 6:40 AM
To: <west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com>
Subject: Re: Minor review

What a FUN weekend I had with v12! Finally had a chance to retorque all my new exhaust when it was cold since I didn't have to go to work & found all my sensors were only hand tight...sounds even better now, what I thought was rasp was those sensors rattling, ha ha. Then found out my skid plates bolted right back on, no spacers or longer hardware required, bonus. Did a couple 1/4 mile & gear pull runs, felt great & fast...but g forces must have caused my logging connection to get loose because I found out later the logs were invalid, dang, got to haul ass again next weekend for logs ;-D Really fun having a wagon that looks stock but sounds incredible & hauls ass any time, v12 is a blast, punch it any time any & GO! Driving normal is great too, plenty of extra power to make traffic easy, down shifts rarely needed. Torque & power with v12 is better again, over all car drives stronger & better.
Thanks Ed!
west_minist
Site Admin

v12a 1/4 Mile Drag Pull

Post by west_minist »

v12a Drag Pull #1.png
v12a Drag Pull #1.png (20.25 KiB) Viewed 12504 times
v12a Drag Pull #2.png
v12a Drag Pull #2.png (18.18 KiB) Viewed 12504 times