Dyno'es performed against rpm

Mods
None
west_minist
Site Admin

Customer feedback

Post by west_minist »

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/67- ... ost2116762
Just wanted to pass on a quick update - I've spent the last week or so finally having my '08 3.0R e-tuned by XRT - and WOW!!!!

I've provided a 'pre-review' of the work so far here . . . but just wanted to pass on that Edward is great to deal with, he responds to emails promptly, has a genuinely professional work ethic, and he is a genius with ECU tuning.

This is an e-tuning deal worth every penny I spent!!

Cheers'

Dan
west_minist
Site Admin

Customer Feedback - extended

Post by west_minist »

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/109 ... ost2117154
This is a brief pre-review of my currently in progress work with XRT . . . I'll post the full review under this topic when the tuning is completed.

Just wanted to pass on a quick update - I've spent the last week or so finally having my '08 3.0R e-tuned by XRT - and WOW!!!!

Originally, I was looking mainly to get rid of the frustrating 'lag' in my 5EAT equipped Outback (it seems we all get extra lag from the fly-by-wire e-gas pedal, and the stock 5EAT programming doesn't help), and any performance gains I ended up with I would just going to consider a bonus . . .

Well, from the very first ROM version he supplied - the lag had completely gone, replaced with "instant" throttle response - so much so, I'm in the process of re-learning my throttle, especially when backing into a parking spot!. The car drives much better, shifts more appropriately and 'feels' quicker and faster, using my well calibrated butt-dyno!

After the second ROM update produced some unexpected engine pinging, I looked at my fuel log and realized that I currently had 89 octane fuel in the tank (the premium pump was out of service last week). Having brought this to Edwards attention, he immediately sent me a 'safer' ROM to use for the lower grade fuel, and we stopped the ROM revisions for maximum performance until I could get the tank refilled with premium.

After some consideration, I decided to ask Edward go ahead and e-tune for the 89 octane fuel I was currently running on, and when I refill with premium fuel we could continue on the performance ROM tuning for premium fuel. (I decided to do the 89 octane tuning as well, so that I was covered regardless of what fuel I was using, having both 89 and 93 octane tuned ROMs for my car. This second set of tuning for the 89 octane was at additional expense, since I was essentially having Edward do two completely separate tunes - but for me, it was worth the extra effort)

Even now, on V3-89Octane ROM, my 3.0 now feels worthy of it's "R" designation - I can't wait 'till we can get back to tuning for premium fuel!

The actual process is much easier than I was prepared for - after a slight learning curve on my part with the ROMRaider and ECUFlash software, ROM flashes are done in moments and logging is as simple as taking a nice drive.

As for XRT, Edward is absolutely great to deal with - he responds to emails promptly via email or his Blackberry, has a genuinely professional work ethic, and he is a genius with ECU tuning.

We aren't quite finished the tuning process yet, just now finalizing the 89 octane tuning, then soon on to 93 octane tuning. Final engine and performance figures, and end result reviews are yet to come, and I'll post a more thorough review here at that time - but from the very first ROM revision - this e-tuning is more than worth the cost!!!! :29:

Cheers'

Dan