Subaru Torque Management Patch (XTMP) - Tuning by Xtreme Racing Tuning (XRT)

Important specifics in relation to XRT tuning
west_minist
Site Admin

Subaru Torque Management Patch (XTMP) - Tuning by Xtreme Racing Tuning (XRT)

Post by west_minist »

Subaru Tuning that affects the Torque Management Operations & Performance of the Engine by Xtreme Racing Tuning (XRT)
XRT continue to MASTER the Operations and Performance of the transmission (5MT, 6MT, 4EAT, 5EAT, CVT) delivery of TORQUE & POWER to the ground in any models utilising the 32bit ECU (Legacy, Impreza WRX & STI, XV, Crosstek, etc). This is seen through tuning, customer feedback and REAL results based and posted all over the internet, including here on XRT.

Addition reviews are here for Auto Transmissions:
Torque Management are already patched in those tuning! Generally, the following are expected when tuned (The Transmission Computer is not tuned in the Automatic cars):
  • Quicker shifting
  • Firmer shifting
  • Appropriate gear selection for less labouring or load on the engine
  • Less ping/knocking due to the transmission wanting to be in high gear all the time.
  • Less pedal moving to make the transmission shifting
  • Better fuel mileage
  • Easy over-taking and maneuvering due to quicker acceleration due to the above points
Please remember that even Manual Transmission models are affected and are able to accelerate and spin tires easily and freely. Please disable Traction Control.
west_minist
Site Admin

ChrisoffE - 2005 EDM Subaru Legacy Spec B 3.0R 6MT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=689

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brl3eGHNc60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVoR7U0KBEY
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2017 7:21 PM
To: <west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com>
Subject: Re: v6

Hello
Just tested v6 and i love the way it have almost instant torqe.
It makes the car feel much faster and exciting the way it responds to throthle input.
also attached logg, got 2 good pulls
V5-V6a (torque delivery tuning )review:
The torque delivery have changed  drastically to the better.
Now when cruising and i step on the pedal i get immediate response instead of the slow avls/avcs change.
Suits the car very well because it still drives like normal on low load but as soon as you step on it she goes like never before.
This actually made me have some strange problems with power cuting out during load, but it was just the aggressive torque delivery that made me activate TC on second gear which i never had before.
Love this and i didn't even knew that i wanted it
west_minist
Site Admin

NicholasL - 2004 ADM Subaru Liberty 3.0R 6MT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

west_minist
Site Admin

NikL - 2004 ADM Subaru Liberty 3.0R 6MT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=663
Sent: Thursday, 19 May 2016 23:31
To: <west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com>
Subject: Re: v0

Hi Edward – Just giving you some quick feedback on the v0 tune I loaded yesterday…

Whoa! Car is going great, even though I’m being ultra-conservative and not pushing it past 4k until I can get RR to log again (I need to troubleshoot) and know that it’s safe to really push it. I can already feel the increase in power and responsiveness, especially as the power seems to come on now around the 2k mark. It feels like a great upgrade “downgrading” from E85 back to 98!

Looking forward to getting some logs to you soon and continuing this journey with further tune revisions and feeling what the car is fully capable of! Thanks again for your consistent responsiveness and support to date.
west_minist
Site Admin

Re: Subaru Torque Management Patch - Tuning by Xtreme Racing Tuning (XRT)

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=614

Imageand experience with tuning my 3.0R with Edward, firstly I’ll say the car has been transformed from stock. It is so much more responsive and the midrange torque feels a lot stronger! The common throttle lag caused by the cars’ DBW stock calibration has also been eliminated.
I came to XRT based off research and what others in the forum communities are saying, and its true Edward delivers on what has been said. I’m 17 hours ahead of Barbados here, and he seems to always be online to help and he knows what is happening with the car based off my description and looking at the numbers in the logs. He could tell I was having a little trouble with AVCS actuation and the AFR sensors, and sure enough after replacement, improvement in response.
Each version of the map has been an improvement, we are on V3 now, and it is massively different to stock, no more pinging, no more throttle lag and sometimes stalling, and much more torque. It is actually safe on our 98RON fuel here now. Its crazy fun just rowing through the gearbox, and it feels as fast as a wrx, but without all the noise, and with composure and smoothness.
So in summary, if you’re looking to have your 3.0r tuned- which you should be- have a chat with Edward, he is very knowledgeable, and you won’t be disappointed.
Cheers,
Cole
[/quote]
west_minist
Site Admin

AndrewC - 2011 USDM Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT 6MT

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=115&t=742
http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php ... ostcount=1
I was referred to XRT by a fellow member (golferdude1087) for a tune for my 5th gen LGT. I contacted Ed and he responded immediately with answers to my questions, helped me get setup with the necessary software, and sent the initial tune. Out of the box, it was a massive awakening for the car. Its the first time this car put that big of a smile on my face and even impressed my friend that drives a tuned 3 series. After a few days of back and forth with logs and tips, we are now on version 3 and it runs great. It pulls hard and smooth throughout the entire range and still gets decent mileage with "spirited" driving. The logger "dyno" numbers say about 275hp/340tq (wheel) compared to the stock 265hp/258tq (crank), a significant increase even if the software isn't accurate. His tips on things to look for and areas to improve give me confidence that the tune will be safe too. I would definitely recommend an XRT tune to anyone looking for reliable power.
Sent: Sunday, 11 June 2017 12:25 PM
To: EdwardM
Subject: Low end torque

Low end torque is much improved, to the point that small maneuvers like passing or cornering can be done without getting into boost. Accelerating from low rpm's is also better, letting you stay in gear when you'd normally have to downshift.
west_minist
Site Admin

LuisS - 2011 USDM Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT 6MT

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=115&t=738

What a great way to start the day!! Now I am officially a part of the XRT Family and wow did I wait too long to make the change. I will do a write to explain in depth but I must say that at stock boost levels (which I was running way higher before) the car is a new machine In Every way!! It feels so great I can't stop smiling !😬 The car just wants to go! The power is so linear and smooth and are used to have an issue with some choppiness throughout the RPM range which is completely gone now!! Thank you Ed so much for the genius that you put in to every car that you work on the customer support and the knowledge is unsurpassed everyone should be on a tune by Ed I don't think anyone one who isnt really realizes how much better their car will be because of all the Forst comments from people saying oh when you buy your car/Subaru you need to buy an Cobb, WRONG!!!!It is going to be my goal to change all of that! Have a great day everyone I will update more as soon as I am out of work
So I don't know if everyone knows but I have left Cobb and have moved over to XRT Tuning. It is still the beginning as we are doing a lot of data logs to keep fine tuning and adjusting different parameters of the ecu but I can honestly say that I have never had my car feel this good!! The response of the turbo and the engine used to have quite a delay and would stop making power around 5000rpm. Also I was running 19-20psi. As of right now I am at stock boost levels and I have much better response from the engine and no delay in the drive by wire system and I am also happy to say I am making much more power at way less boost and the car continues to pull and wants to go and keep pulling past redline the power delivery is absolutely incredible and we are nowhere near done tuning it for anyone local who does not believe you are more than welcome to meet up with me and feel it for yourself and see how a really great tune can make a car feel. I am running much safer and not overly rich as the prior pro tune was running. It also got rid of the so called "STi shudder" that people say is common lol. I will continue to update this post along the way so everyone can see what happens and for all the Dyno guys after I am at a point where I want to be I will get a pull done to show the numbers. I highly recommend XRT tuning he is a genius at what he does and ask anyone who has been tuned by Ed and I am sure you will get the same response and his customer support is like none other. I regret not doing this sooner but I Believe everything happens for a reason so the prior moves led me here and I am very fortunate to have someone as knowledgeable and talented tuning my vehicle! Thanks for reading 5th gen fam. If anyone wants to PM me to find out more details feel free.
As posted on the https://www.facebook.com/groups/SubaruT ... rnational/
Well from the research that I did and talking with ALOT of people at all the shows and different forums the tuner that did the pro tune was regarded as One of best tuners around these areas! 😂 He has done a lot of subarus and quite a few 5th gen LGT's. I am not trying to bash him but after seeing how poorly the car was running and how everything was set I'm positive that everyone should be tuned by you Ed. The way my car has felt from V1 is still better than what he did! Now that we are in a better state knowing how the car is running and the way you have adjusted everything I am driving around with a smile from ear to ear!! I have caught a few people at stop light look at me and probably wonder why a crazy person is behind the wheel but that is because they have never been truly happy behind the wheel of their car , which I can proudly say that I am and I know that things will keep getting better as she learns more. I also want to thank you for the unbelievably great customer service/support that I have gotten and continue to receive. It is so much better than anything I've delt with since starting with my car. Thank you very much for being such a great person and a genius at your craft!! I can't wait to see what's next!!!!!!!!!
Lol I don't mind having at least a mini stroke from happiness!! It's so wild to me that there is still more to come!! It is such a pleasure to work with a tuner as great as you because out here it would be like pulling teeth to make the tuner even give you one revision
Just a little teaser. Waiting to see the 1/4 mile time. Dbw aggressiveness been crank up a little and so did the boost 4400+. Awaiting logs to see the flow pattern.

Graph shows the TA Protuned Cobbs running more boost vs XRT tuning running a tab low boost in mid range and much lower 4800+. All power is gain by TQ Management, Dual AVCS tuning, reduce fueling and ignition tuning. Again I am waiting on further logs to finalised the tune.

Luis please your last throughts.
Xrt v6 vs TA Protune - 3rd Gear Dyno.png
This last update again felt amazing!! The Power delivery is so smooth and so linear it feels as the car just wants to keep going if there wasn't a redline in place lol. It's amazing how responsive the car is with the DBW and Turbo response also the way the car sounds is different and more aggressive sounding when getting on it it makes me smile even more LOL To know that there are still things that can be adjusted is wild to me because of how far this has already surpassed any of my expectations and it is light years beyond the tune that I was running prior! Ed you are a true genius and are able to do things with a tune that I have never experienced and I know by all the people you have tuned and how happy everyone is that this is a common occurrence why anyone would not want to go this route is beyond me because from now on I will no longer have any car without being tuned by you! I will update more as time passes thank you again Ed and thank you everyone for following this post stay tuned there is more excitement to follow!
Thank you Ed!!! I was admittedly one of the people's who get into believing you need a cob if you have a Subaru and did not do enough research beforehand. I am a true believer that the power is in the tuner but it must be an experienced tuner with a great track record like you!! To this day my car has never felt this good and the power be so liniar. I can't wait to load V8! I will be updating after you and I speak.

P.S. That is another HUGE difference, the customer service and support is dramatically different with you because you care about what the customer is telling you and want the true feedback so that you can see how the car feels to the person. Most tuners just set it how they have been used to setting it on other cars and send it on its way. Thanks again for all your help and being such a great person as well as a truly talented tuner !!! Anyone who wants their car to perform the way it should and better than it ever has needs to be XRT Tuned!!!!!!
Nice! That is one of the greatest things about what you do also is the tuning of the dbw and the throttle response. What a change. When I had the Cobb I had told that guy mike to see if he could do anything and we found that the STi throttle map would fit in mine so he just put that in but it was not correct for the car and felt so jumpy I asked him to fix and he didn't know how. All the things you have done to my car and the knowledge you have given me I can not thank you enough for. I truly appreciate the vast amount of time you have spent working on it and figuring things out. No one else that I've ever felt with even with past cars tuning has ever given me the type of customer service and support is beyond anyone else and it is really like working with a friend not a company. Thank you again Ed. I just wanted to tell you again.
west_minist
Site Admin

TylerM - 2012 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=682

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SubaruT ... 066102065/
I just flashed a new ROM to my car that included the TMP update. Wow, that made a world of a difference. The shifting has become MUCH smoother and feels a bit more responsive. Acceleration is really quick, and it seems like I can accelerate without putting much power down. As I was logging, the 2nd gear pulls felt much quicker than they previously were.
I don't know if there are people on this group who are still considering having Ed tune their car, but if there are, just do it. He takes care of you and your car. This isn't some off the shelf tune. He takes the time to match the tune to your car. He also finds new ways to perfect the tune such as this recent TMP update. Ed, you are a genius.
west_minist
Site Admin

TimB - 2011 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=667

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SubaruT ... 0952473261
I'm loving this TMP so far. I downshifted to 3rd on the highway earlier and the car was pulling off at 70MPH like a madman. Taking off from a stop is much nicer as well. The pedal response is up a bit more. When I first got my car, the stock throttle is just, blaah. At this point it would be like putting the car in limp mode. I can't imagine how the car would react with a decent jump in power. I really need to get race gas to see, as Ed has been stating. But as he said, he'd be sorry for me because I would just want more and more octane 😂
Update - Enhance of XTMP - https://youtu.be/NTxddCJittw

Return to “Important: Tuning Specifics”