XRT Diagnostic/Troubleshooting Support Service

Important specifics in relation to XRT tuning
west_minist
Site Admin

XRT Diagnostic/Troubleshooting Support Service

Post by west_minist »

Dear Customer:

Xtreme Racing Tuning (XRT) is now offering Diagnostic/Troubleshooting Support Service .

From time to time, we have all experienced mechanical and electrical issues and just wish we could have had support from a Tuner or the understanding, skill(s) and experience in automotive logging to help resolve the issue a little quicker, especially convincing a mechanic or seeking the right shop to complete the job.

This service allows you the owner with mechanical and or electrical issues, to have that extra service in reviewing your car through the ECU, thereby allow an efficient and quicker resolution to the matter, which can be time consuming and frustrating.

This service allows you the customer access to XRT logging and review skills for pre and post resolution.

Below is the lay out of the Service:
Setup of logging software on the customer laptop
A quick instructor lead training in logging and general knowledge
Log review of the existing issue
Log review during the repair or resolution process
Log review of post resolution to verify if the mechanical or electrical issue been resolved.

Please note you will need to have the Tactrix Openport 2.0 Cable - Tactrix Openport 2.0

If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate in contacting me via email me.
west_minist
Site Admin

E85 Review

Post by west_minist »

Below is a log review I have done for a customer who is running E85 and have issues. Tuning was done by another tuner. XRT just offers a review.

References:- 065808
AFR #1 (RH) is telling me that side is lean. I am not sure if both sensors are new. If that is correct, you have either an intake leak in that side or in the exhaust headers.

http://www.xtremeracingtuning.com/forum ... =100&t=548
AFR Readings.png
AFR Readings.png (8.43 KiB) Viewed 16755 times
Like I always recommend to E85 users, you should upgrade your injectors or raise the fuel pressure slightly. Injectors should really be never run over 85-90%, especially over 90%.
Injector.png
Injector.png (8.75 KiB) Viewed 16755 times
Lovely log for a tuner to zoom in and correct fueling issues. She is lean and in some instances adds quite a bit of fuel to run correctly and efficiently. Those large AFR correction swings you maybe able to feel and because the ignition is kinda low for e85, it means you could feel that lack or power to hesitation more. The car is SUPER SUPER safe in novice terms.
Issues 1.png
Issues 1.png (14.34 KiB) Viewed 16755 times
Same as the previous log. If the car use to run great and then issues, well once can say there is an intake leak between (post) MAF and the throttle body. If not could be a fuel pump issue. But this must be based on no issues from before. From the log, the car needs tuning. The operations of the E85 is too lean with kind of low ignition.

Again, in my humble opinion, E85 should not be run on these cars due to Injector flow limitations. Injectors are being run over 90% and with the current AFR being a little lean, if the car AFR was tuned to be a little more rich, injectors will be run close to 100%. This run was not even at full throttle and full RPM was not used. It would be interested to see your EGT, oil temperature for pulls :) Can you log the oil temps?
Issues 2.png
Issues 2.png (12.39 KiB) Viewed 16755 times
AFR1n2.png
AFR1n2.png (7.39 KiB) Viewed 16755 times
west_minist
Site Admin

Issues with AFR - Highlighted with logging

Post by west_minist »

Before tuning, I had my customer sent me a gear pull log. Below is the result from such pull.

In review, we have to determine why the car is running extremely lean. Its possible the MAF is extremely dirty, the MAF is not secured or some clamps are loose post MAF.
Operational Issues.png
Operational Issues.png (17.98 KiB) Viewed 14117 times
west_minist
Site Admin

Cobb OTS Critical Data Review

Post by west_minist »

Occurrence of Pinging.png
Occurrence of Pinging.png (16.62 KiB) Viewed 11428 times
Avg Pinging - EngLoad vs RPM.png
Avg Pinging - EngLoad vs RPM.png (32.44 KiB) Viewed 11428 times
Avg Pinging - Boost vs RPM.png
Avg Pinging - Boost vs RPM.png (23.5 KiB) Viewed 11428 times