Important specifics in relation to XRT tuning
west_minist
Site Admin

WadeG - 2008 USDM Subaru Outback 3.0 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:40 PM
To: <west_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com>
Subject: Wade's Review

I am now on Version 4 of my XRT tune and I am totally satisfied with my car, and extremely impressed with what Ed has done with my transmission. Automatic mode in Sport# is now nearly telepathic- it rev-match downshifts as I brake into corners and holds revs high until a snappy upshift at redline. The revs do not drop between gear shifts as they did before, but stay right in the power band and the car never stops pulling. Intelligent mode upshifts early and smoothly and keeps revs low. Fifth gear can come as early as 35mph, but the engine pulls strong from 1500rpm- something that never would have happened before. The power increase was shocking. It seemed that huge power starts now at 3000rpm and just never stops.

Overall my favorite changes are:
1.)The way the transmission reads my mind- always in the right gear or ready to respond.
2.)The capability of the car pulling strong way up past 80mph (before, it ran out of steam at 70),
3.)The immediate power off the line to pull away at traffic lights or accelerate into gaps in traffic. Before, the car lagged so much off the line and there was no low end power.

I feel that my car is now safer to drive, better able to take advantage of the sporty Legacy handling, and able to put a genuine smile on my face! Thank you XRT.
https://youtu.be/qnx4dfpFZZw
west_minist
Site Admin

TylerM - 2012 USDM Subaru Legacy H6 3.6 5EAT - Tuning

Post by west_minist »

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=682&p=2180#p2180
Sent: Monday, 30 January 2017 9:42 PM
To: West_minist@xtremeracingtuning.com
Reply To: Tyler Martin
Subject: Re: v5b

Okay, wow. That made a difference. The shifting is MUCH quicker. The old version did a bit of guessing with what gear to be in, especially with slow accelerations. It is much smarter in deciding what gear to be in. When cruising along at 55mph and then suddenly giving it a lot of gas, the car immediately knows what gear to downshift to and power is put down incredibly quickly. This new stage 2 is amazing!

Return to “Important: Tuning Specifics”