• Samco Coolant hose
  • Greddy 13 rolls Engine Oil cooler
  • Greddy Engine Oil cooler thermsotat
  • Greddy 12 rolls ATF cooler
  • Improved Racing High-Flow ATF Thermostat, 165F
homan02

Re: MichaelC - 2011 JDM Subaru Legacy LGT 2.0 5EAT

Post by homan02 »

Ed is already the 4th e-tuner work on my 2011 LGT. I have both good and bad experience with the previous tuners but so far Ed is the best of the best amount all of them. Ed is talent and responsible. He knows what he is doing, what he should do and willing walk the way with you during the tune. The most amazing is the customer service being provided.

Long story short, I have sort of boost creep last year after the high flow metal cat DP installation. I was suggested to port the turbo wastegate in order to get rid of the boost creep. I took the chance to upgrade a hybrid 18G turbo instead of only porting the stock turbo wastegate. I had the guy sold me the turbo tuning for me at that moment. One month has gone with 6 revisions (based on his OTS map….. no WOT revision yet ) but I still have tons of knocks even in a leisure drive. I have the feeling he doesn’t care of my car/myself/my family, or he knows nothing about tuning but only keep saying I have sort of mechanical issue has to address. I was done with that guy and my friend has a legacy just tuned by Ed highly recommend me approach Ed for help.

Sent my mod list and stock map to Ed. The response from Ed is day and night difference comparing with the previous guy. We have couple email and lots of WhatsApp communication in one single night. I decided to have Ed doing a diagnostic for me and follow up with an etune. 2 days has gone and 4-5 revisions has been provided with customized ignition timing, MAF, fuel mapping etc based on my stock map. Yes! not OTS map! The knocks were gone and we can start the boost log. We figure out the stock actuator is not strong enough holding the target boost. I'll put on a stronger actuator next week before we moving forward.

Even we are only in V3 revision now with light boost level but the low to mid response is ready amazing. From 1.8k rpm up the car performs totally different to me which is far beyond my expectation. The gear shift and kick down has no any hesitation. I’m very satisfy even I know I left a lot on my plate now. I’m looking forward what we can achieve after I put on the stronger actuator.

I’m highly recommend Ed for those who looking for a responsible, knowledgeable and reliable tuner. You wouldn’t go wrong with him for sure!!!
west_minist
Site Admin

Re: MichaelC - 2011 JDM Subaru Legacy LGT 2.0 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

Thank you very much and as soon as we have all boost related mechanical issues shorted, I will post some pics.
west_minist
Site Admin

Installation of the 12psi Wastegate Actuator

Post by west_minist »

v4 Partial 4th Gear Dyno SAE @ 23.5psi.png
v4 Partial 4th Gear Dyno SAE @ 23.5psi.png (21.89 KiB) Viewed 7490 times
https://www.facebook.com/XtremeRacingTu ... =3&theater
Anyway, the tuning process with Ed makes me feel that we are the factory test driver fine tuning the car. It's not just doing 3rd gear pull, Ed will ask u to log under different driving condition as well and fine tune according to the logs and your driving experience revision by revision.
west_minist
Site Admin

Re: MichaelC - 2011 JDM Subaru Legacy LGT 2.5 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

New mods: TGV Delete, Ported throttle
west_minist
Site Admin

Re: MichaelC - 2011 JDM Subaru Legacy LGT 2.5 5EAT

Post by west_minist »

We are having flow issues over 230-240whp.